Both GLP and non-GLP biomarker assays are used to elucidate pharmacodynamics, mechanisms of action, and toxicity. The ever growing list of assays established at ITR Laboratories Canada now includes markers of inflammation, bone metabolism, endocrinology and cardiac toxicity.
Link to Biomarker List
ITR Laboratories Canada has dedicated laboratories and made a commitment to fully support clients’ needs for pharmacodynamics biomarkers. This includes both in vitro and exvivo endpoints for drug potency.
Commonly these biomarkers are protein expression, signally pathway activation/inhibition, RNA expression or target knockdown.
LIGAND BINDING LAB:
- Flow cytometers (BD FacsCanto II -3 lasers, 8 colors)
- Multiple plate washers and readers (Biotek and Molecular Devices)
- MSD QuickPlex SQ 120 ECL plate reader
- All necessary support equipment
TISSUE CULTURE ROOM (BSL2, 2+):
- Laminar flow hood, CO2 incubators
- Microscopes with image capture systems
- All necessary support equipment (cell banking, etc.)
MOLECULAR BIOLOGY LAB:
- Tissue extraction (TissueLyzer, Polytron)
- Nucleic acid characterization (Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer)
- Quantitative real-time PCR (ViiA7), Taqman Low Density Arrays