• Works in Collaboration with the veterinarian and as a part of the veterinary services group.
• Help the veterinarian to provide a 24-hour service to sick or injured animals.
• Acts under the expertise and supervision of the veterinarian to determine the
condition of sick or injured animals.
• Assists the veterinarian in the management of quarantine procedures and the health assessment upon receipt of laboratory animals.
• Performs, under the supervision of the veterinarian, the necessary laboratory tests in order to determine the health status of the animals.
• Ensures that recommended treatments performed by toxicology technicians (diet, minor application of local substances), are performed as indicated.
• College diploma in Animal Health, or Degree in Veterinary Technology, Veterinary Medicine diploma from outside Canada is accepted.
• Experience in a Pre-Clinical Research Center with laboratory animals or in animal care and surgery would be an asset.
• Autonomous and a good sense of organization
• Bilingual, English and French.