Study Director (Toxicologist level 1)
Due to business expansion, we are looking to fill several new positions, we are looking for candidates who shares our passion for science and research. Our mission is to bring new medicines into the world to improve the quality of life and prolong the life expectancy of people. Be part of this dynamic team and start changing the lives of people!
This is primarily a training position for toxicologists/scientists intending to eventually undertake the role of Study Director for the conduct of non-clinical safety (toxicology, safety pharmacology, toxico/pharmacokinetics) studies in animal.
• In conjunction with the SD, reviews study schedules and prepares draft study plans and amendments for toxicity studies.
• Monitors the conduct of technical procedure performed in Toxicology Operations and Laboratories for safety studies.
• Coordinates study related activities where necessary with the section leaders.
• Instructs and monitors technicians in data generation procedures and technical work for their compliance with the study plan,
• master schedules and GLP requirements.
• Checks and/or prepares dose calculations for approval/signature by the SD.
• Reviews and signs raw data for accuracy and completeness within a specified interval and takes corrective action where appropriate in consultation with the Study Director.
• Liaises with sponsors and/or outside consultants on study-related matters.
• Participates in client visits relating to studies assigned to them.
• Be conversant, and function in compliance with guidelines and regulations published by governmental regulatory bodies (OECD, FDA, EPA and HPB). Participates in the review and revision of SOPs.
• Participates in Toxicology meetings.
• Assists in maintaining a safe working environment for himself/herself and his/her colleagues by observing all safety procedures and working methods.
• Minimum of a BSc. Ideally 1 year experience in a scientific or technical position with relevance to toxicology. Candidates holding an M.Sc., or Ph.D. with less than one 1 year experience may also be considered.
• Experience working with laboratory rodents and large animal species
• Proficient in English (spoken and written) and able to communicate in French
• Superior report writing abilities
• Autonomous, organized with the ability to lead and motivate and team
Conditions: Permanent, day-time, full-time (37.5 hr/week)
To apply: Please send your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.