• Reviews study plans with the Study Director(s), the Manager or Director of Toxicology to ensure that study objectives, materials and methods to be used in the study are well understood.
• Make sure that study plans, amendments and significant memos are read and understood by assigned study technicians.
• Participates with assigned study technicians in Study Directors pre-study meetings as well as to any other study meetings as requested by the Manager or Director of Toxicology Operations.
• Reviews and confirms appropriate room and equipment set up for study start.
• Verifies the Daily Schedule of Events for completeness and accuracy after being prepared by the Toxicology Administrators.
• Coordinates and supervises the activities of technicians during study conduct to ensure that all tasks are performed correctly and timely as required by Study Plan and SOP.
• Ensures prompt and proper recording of study data at the time of collection as required by GLP.
• Coaches and assists study technicians in the animal rooms while performing critical study activities and in the handling of unexpected events. Participates in the training of technicians.
• Monitors the status of the test system, ensures proper recording and reports immediately to the Study Director, the responsible Manager and/or the veterinarian (if applicable) any unforeseen events during study performance.
• Performs the ends of day checks on assigned studies to ensure all daily activities are completed as per Study Plan. Problems and issues are to be resolved within the day as much as possible to prevent re-occurrence.
• Provides daily feedback of study conduct to the study director and the responsible Manager.
• Performs supervising duties on weekends as assigned.
• Minimum of two years as a technician in toxicology in a CRO;
• Able to work with rodents and large animal species;
• Autonomous, organized with the ability to lead and motivate a team;
• English is a must, French is an important Asset;
• College Diploma in Animal Health Technology. College, Bachelor’s or higher degree in Science or in any other related field
Start Date: ASAP
Full time permanent position
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.