The cost accountant will be responsible for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis and tracing costs back to underlying activities.
The cost accountant will be responsible also for the preparation, analyses and process of accounting information to provide an appropriate level of costing information to the management.
• Manipulate data in the cost accounting system
• Insure data accuracy by using verifying methods.
• Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
• Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
• Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
• Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
• Provide reports on margins by product and division
• Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the target costing group
• Prepare monthly financial statements, analysis and reports on costs;
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• College Diploma in accounting or the equivalence.
• A minimum of (1) year Experience in Cost Accounting.
• Experience working with a large database is an asset.
• Very good proficiency in Excel is a must;
• Good English is essential, Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset.
• Good sense of organization and planning;
• Excellent analysing skills,
• Team player
Start Date: ASAP
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.